miércoles, 23 de diciembre de 2015

Reading activity

Here you have a reading activity!

It is about Christmas and the grammar of the text is: future "will". Have a look at the vocabulary used which is on the page placed in the toolbar with the name "Christmas vocabulary":
http://valgreenteacher.blogspot.com.es/p/christmas-vocabulary.html 


Moreover, you have an interesting matching activity in a post of this blog:
http://www.becauseenglishisfun.blogspot.com.es/ 


Reading activity

1. Hello! I am Mary. Next Christmas I will visit my grandmother. She lives in New York and I will go with my parents and my sister. I think that my grandmother will cook turkey because it’s my favourite dish! We will sing Christmas Carols around the Christmas tree and in the morning…we will open our presents! I love Christmas!
2. Hi! I am John. On Christmas I will stay at home. I hate Christmas, I do not like it at all. I will have a normal dinner, like the rest of the days. I won’t have presents because nobody will visit me. I won’t sing carols but I will read an interesting book. That’s all. For me Christmas is and it will be a normal day in my life.
3. Hello! My name is George and I like Christmas because I love presents. This Christmas I will open a lot of presents. All the members of my family will give me a present and I am excited about it. I will put a Christmas stocking, which is a big sock, hanging on the chimney and in the morning I will find a lot of sweets in it. Presents are the best of Christmas.
4. Hi! I am Lisa and I will fly to Brazil this Christmas to visit my brother. It won’t be cold in Brazil because it will be summer at Christmas! We will go to the beach and we will decorate a palm tree. I’ll buy some presents for my brother – I'm sure he’ll love them! This will be the best Christmas of my life!  


EXERCISE

Read the text and write True ( T ) or False ( F ). If the sentence is false, write the correct sentence.
  1. Mary will visit her grandfather.  T / F ___________________________________
  2. Mary will have Turkey for dinner. T / F__________________________________
  3. John loves Christmas. T / F____________________________________________
  4. John will sing Christmas Carols.  T / F____________________________________
  5. John will read an interesting book.  T / F_________________________________
  6. George loves presents.  T / F___________________________________________
  7. George will put a Christmas stocking in the chimney.  T / F___________________
  8. Lisa will stay at home on Christmas.  T / F_________________________________
  9. Lisa will buy presents for her brother.  T / F________________________________


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario